Sunday, April 25, 2010

Should I be wary of skin creams that claim to repair DNA?

Anything that can alter me on a molecular level shurely can't be that good for you?


it's called DNageShould I be wary of skin creams that claim to repair DNA?
I didn't see a claim to repair DNA on the Nivea site.





I saw a claim that it will protect your skin's DNA from future damage. Any good sunscreen will do that. No need to spring for something that's high priced.Should I be wary of skin creams that claim to repair DNA?
Yes, I would be wary of it, since there is NO credible scientific research or proof that such repair actually takes place. The best you can hope for is, it doesn't actually alter the DNA.... or else you actually have a chance of having mutated skin cells. (ie. cancer)
The only things topical creams can do for you is drain your pocketbook. Eat a balanced diet, get plenty of rest, excercise and drink plenty of water!
The late Dame Anita Roddick, the founder of The Body Shop, once said ';I am perpetually amazed how much people will pay for what is basically an oil-in-water emulsion';.





Straight from the horse's mouth!
  • blush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment