Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Can anyone give me a name of a good cream that doesn't cost a lot of money for very extra dry sensitive skin

My skin has become very dry and sensitive and I'm fed up having to buy creams that to me that cost too much money, I'm wondering is there a really good cream out there that I can buy at a resonable price? I look forward to hearing back from other people who suffer from the same problem. Help!!!Can anyone give me a name of a good cream that doesn't cost a lot of money for very extra dry sensitive skin
The best moisturizer (in terms of effectiveness, price and lack of harmful side-effects) is Vaseline (aka Petroleum Jelly).Can anyone give me a name of a good cream that doesn't cost a lot of money for very extra dry sensitive skin
the cream we would always use on the eldery's very dry feet and skin is the best stuff I've ever found


Eucerin cream (in the jar)


put it on at night so it can soak it. It's thick stuff
Actually the BEST cream you can use is for animals. Get some udder cream for cows. People can use it too, and it works much better than anything else you could possibly buy. You can get it at walmart, and it's about $4. Get either the lotion that comes in a white bottle with black spots (looks like a holstein cow) or get the type that comes in a green tin can with a cow on the front. I can't remember if they keep it in the pet department or the pharmacy, you would have to ask.





Or, Goldbond lotion (about $8 at walmart) is in the lotion section. It has more of a smell too it, but works all right.
I have really sensitive skin that is also dry, I use Cetaphil, you can buy it at places like Target, Walmart, ect...It's fairly inexpensive, around $10.00 for a large bottle.
Try:


Nivea renewal night cream for body - a thin cream but very moisturizing





Queen Helene (creams in tubs) Cocoa Butter or Almond (They may have another scent) absorbs in well, and leaves dry skin really moist. Also the Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Lotion comes in a huge bottle - great to slather on.





If you want tons of lotion at a cheap price, go to the dollar stores, and their cocoa butter lotion is pretty good, as well as lots of other brands of lotions, all for a dollar a bottle.





That stuff (from the guy above) for cow's udders is called Bag Balm in the green square tin. That is really great, but very greasy (I think) petroleum jelly based with antiseptic... is healing too. You could probaby use straight petroleum jelly, cheaper.





Another one I really like and had forgotten about is Neutrogena Sesame Oil. It smells terrific!
try Aveeno. it's works incredible well for me.
Safflower oil works really well. Can be found in the baking section of your local grocery store.
Neutrogena. This sounds funny, but their foot or hand cream is really good anywhere on the body. I use it twice a day (just a little dab) and it works really well.


As well you can use Keri Bath Oil and bathe in that twice a week.


Lastly, dry exfoliate 3 times per week... gently before you shower.
Dry skin has no permanent cure but the skin can be softened and made smoother by using a few home remedies. There are many helpful tips to cure dry skin at http://useinfo-dryskin.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment