Friday, January 8, 2010

Will it ruin my skin if i use anti aging cream in my 20's?

i've been using them since i was 22yrs now im 24 and my sister told me it will ruin my skin when im older.... will it? or would it help? Will it ruin my skin if i use anti aging cream in my 20's?
Part of the reason that aged skin wrinkles is that is loses its elasticity. If you moisturize now, you are keeping your skin moist (duh?) and along with it some of the elasticity.





Look for lotions that include collagen because that is the part of the skin that helps keep elasticity, and further down the line will help reduce the amount of lines on your face.





I used them when I was in my 20's, and now I am 46, and have comments all the time from people telling me they swore I was around 30. Don't listen to sis... she's ill-informed.





Look up scientific sites and do your own resarch, really, for the most important information.





We on Yahoo Answers usually just speak from our own experiences and not necessarily based on facts.





KDPWill it ruin my skin if i use anti aging cream in my 20's?
The short answer - no. But as to whether or not it will be effective depends on what you are using. There are anti-aging products specifically designed for those who want to prevent wrinkles, then there are anti-aging products that are designed for those who want to get rid of the wrinkles they already have. They usually are pretty specific on which purpose they're designed for. Alpha-hydroxy, vitamins, antioxidants, and sunscreens are all good ingredients to look for if you're wanting to prevent wrinkles, and it was recently found that starting in your 20's significantly slows down the aging process, more so than if you start later on in life (this was actually in a featured article in an issue of Cosmopolitan a few years back, unfortunately I don't remember which issue it was in!). Remember though that these products will do very little if you don't take care of your skin from the inside as well - drink plenty of water, get good nutrition and take multi-vitamins if you need to, get plenty of sleep, and stay away from habits that are well known for accelerating the aging process such as smoking and tanning beds. Personally, the products I've found to work best for my skin (which is still a little acne prone) are Mary Kay's Timewise 3-in1 cleanser/moisturizer/foundation and Neutragena's Healthy Skin lotions (which I put on after the Mary Kay Timewise moisturizer). I also use a micro-dermabrasion kit once a week. No lines yet, and my skin stays clear of breakouts. :)
Your sister may just be jealous that no fine lines are showing up on your face. While it seems a little extreme to most women, experts recommend that people start an anti-aging skin care regimen by their mid-20s. This helps keep wrinkles from appearing, which is much more effective than trying to get rid of them later.
Most anti ageing creams don't actually work and are just moisturiser so will most likely not do you any harm at all.

1 comment:

  1. Always be acquainted of replica Chanel handbags
    , and assay that Chanel handbag
    has a absorption card. The identification bulk on the calendar is reproduced anxiously axial the Chanel
    .

    ReplyDelete