Friday, January 8, 2010

Can anyone tell me if i can put unction skin cream on guinea pigs?

my friends guinea pig has ulcers under three of his little paws,she has had him to the vet and he had an antibiotic, inflammatory injection(which the vet said will last for five days,and to soak his paws twice daily in warm salt water, which we have been doing,we were wondering why he never prescribed a cream to help the healing process,i use unction cream on my dogs and it is very good,it also wont do them any harm if they lick it off,because it will also work then from the inside out.so we was wondering if the guinea pig would benefit from this or not.I think the cream is also known as liverine.Can anyone tell me if i can put unction skin cream on guinea pigs?
Just keep to the advice given to you by the vet.





Things that are OK for a dog to lick may not be OK for a rodent.





The salt water will do everything needed to help heal the ulcers. It is strongly antiseptic and will help kill off the bacteria that have caused the ulcers and keep them clean, the feet will heal on their own.





Any cream on the feet will just force dirt into the ulcers and make the situation worse.Can anyone tell me if i can put unction skin cream on guinea pigs?
I HAV3 4 GUINEA PIGS AND THEY HAVE THEM WELL 1 DOES %26amp; I HAVENT PUT ANYTHING ON IT OR NOTHIN BESIDES KEEP IT CLEAN %26amp; ITS GETTIN BETTER

No comments:

Post a Comment